Wednesday, November 4, 2015

I was terrified to tell her how beautiful she was,
But it was something she desperately needed to know,
And it was a smooth stone dropped
In the ripples of the still water,
Caused by the smattering of other rough rocks thrown in hard.
But this one, dropped gently,
From a high place,
Ordered the chaos to quit
And sent out a message
To remind her of her original mission here.
And some of the ripples splashed up on my skin
And reminded me of mine,
Of my own beauty and strength and divinity.

And so you see that even though I was terrified,
And didn't say the words at the time,
How important it is that I sit by this river
That flows backwards into the past,
Back into life,
To utter quietly the powerful prophecies of de javu,
So that I myself may live again.

-jenn

No comments: