Tuesday, October 4, 2022

 Consensitive


When I’m lonely, I play a game.

I add a zero to my name

And clock a notch on nothingness 

And guess at what’s back there

Behind the darkness.


And then I see beyond the veil,

That there’s mostly nothing there,

So I add a zero to my hair,

And up the ante by being still 

And going nil.


And in the quiet of the night,

I add a zero to my diet

And quit the pace,

And add another to my face,

And zeros play all over the place,

My hands, my feet,

The empty street outside my open door.


I add zeros until there are no more,

Or maybe there are some that I can’t see

But the infinite joy I feel

Behind my eyes so closed and free from light,

Exponentially keeps me safe

And out of sight from many a blunder.


But I do wonder,

What all this space would ever do

If anyone could ever add the number two

To all those zeros.


But from somewhere deep

Within the mystery,

A voice says, “I will show you everything you want to know ,

And anytime you want to bend and flow 

And grow with the dark infinity,

Just add a zero.”


-jenn

No comments: