Monday, June 5, 2023

 Why Don’t You Worry About What You Like To Worry About And I’ll Worry About What I Like To Worry About (Working Title)


Damn Moon (epitaph)


The beautiful trees with their beautiful leaves

Are reaching so hopelessly for the heavens.

The mixture of greens , from yellow-marine

To maroon-piu-spruce and brown pine cones is dazzling.


The sky so blue, it’s unique haute couture,

Offers a strange unattainable splendor,

Yet everything’s peace, til the moon comes soaring over,

Like a golf ball someone has just pealed off down the fairway.


Damn that moon! Ruining this pastoral, postcard setting

With its heavy, uranium-titanium smell!

Just something else to worry about,

With all of its phases, with its very silent, silent-treatment pout.


“Say something, Moon! I’m worried about you!”


“I’m worried about YOU!” I hear someone shout from behind me.


“Well hey!” I say, “That’s find and dandy!

I’m a “live and let live” kind of member of humanity,

So go ahead and worry about what you like to worry about,

And I’ll worry about what I like to worry about, too.......


Okay?”


-jenn




No comments: