Monday, September 23, 2024

 The Pineapple Gets In My Eyes 

I’ve been up all night

Exploding cans of pineapple juice,

Then cleaning all the pineapple juice up as best I could.

Now I’ve sprinkled salt on the kitchen floor,

And I’m sliding around in my canvas  shoes.


I take the rug outside to shake it

And see the stars.


Everything…. 


Truly…..


Is beautiful…..


Last night I cried all my makeup off

Because of people like you.

Tonight I cry because I have pineapple in my eye.

It’s a better reason, 

And it helps me see your broken heart.


Humanity has broken its own wholeness, 

It’s own health….

It’s own inner wellness…

So many times.


But these stars are the fragments across the sky that shine in the darkness. 


They sing the expanding universe. 

They sing the glorious dark matter

That will never allow anything to be created or destroyed.

They sing the Eternal Truths: 


That no matter how broken we declare the world to be,

All things are eternally connected as One,

And something so incomparably complete exists always and ever,

Before any moves are made.


And I have learned much more

From staying up all night

Exploding cans of pineapple accidentally,

Than from all the directed studies I ever endured at The University of Texas Textbook.


-jenn

No comments: