Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Prime Minister

He has a knack for sniffing out
The loneliest woman in the crowd.
He hones in on her from afar
And slowly circles in.
She gets dizzy, trying to see
What angle he is taking,
Until he appears, out of nowhere, there,
And offers a sturdy hand.

It’s quite a ministry, really.
A religious service he performs,
Removing them of their heavy yokes,
Unburdening them from their bras.
But he makes them feel beautiful, too,
And that they are want-able again.
He smells really good, tho, and as he smiles,
There’s something about those eyes.

I know one day, he’ll single me out.
I’ll find myself drifting into that spot.
My turn will come to be
The only-est lonely in the room.
And when my number comes up to match his,
I only hope that he’ll still have the gift,
And that he’ll still smell good.

-jenn long

No comments: