Saturday, March 7, 2020

Just as I was waking this morning,
I heard the Cosmos say,
“Answer everything anyone says to you
Today by saying, ‘Good.’”

At breakfast, my son told me
He’d worn a hole in his shoe,
And I said, “Good!”
And he looked at me funny,
And then he smiled.
“It DOES give us a chance to go downtown
And eat at that fancy hotdog place,” he said.

I got to work and our new boss met me 
Coming down the hall.
“I don’t like you,” she said.
“Good!” I said and smiled
And kept walking.

I sat down at my desk
And thought about other jobs I’d like to have.
I touched my pencil to my chin
And grinned as I considered the possibilities.

At the grocery store, they said
They were out of my favorite bread.
“Good!” I answered with a chuckle,
And turned and left the bakery department
And went out to my car.
I’ll just have a candy bar instead.

And when I get in bed to sleep,
I’ll see in the morning what the word
Of the day will be.
But, I must say, 
If I don’t hear again,
I’ll stick with “good,”
For it has a way of turning out 
That way, when I say it, and think it,
And look for it.

-jenn

No comments: