Monday, June 14, 2021

 I planted Violets in my yard

For the little brown bear

Who comes in to sniff them in the mornings.

I peek at him from behind the curtains 

That blow in the breeze of my bedroom window.

He intoxicates himself in the abundance of the pale purple flowers.

Rolling in heaven, happy,

He’s found a treasure

And a new sting.


A bee has found him in his pleasure,

But the little bear will follow him,

In a zigzag line behind 

The drone’s buzzed, dying flight back home,

And the little bear will find the honey.


Tonight, he’ll wander to the river

And see the salmon shine

In the light of Ursa Major.


And while he travels,

I go back to bed and dream.

I’m hiking through the tall grass

That leads to the trailhead at Deep Creek.

When I make it, I look down

And see the fishes swim the stream.


Little Bear will come back home,

And when he does,

He will rollick in the spray

Of the velvet lilac violet blossoms 

That I plant for him today.


-jenn

No comments: