Thursday, July 8, 2021

 It was a difficult night

When planets oppose one another,

And the stars have tears in their eyes.

He was like fire,

And I was like ice,

But as the conversation wore on,

More and more of the same old thing,

I melted and disappeared from sight.


I’m dripping down, now, towards the 

Cracks in the floor boards.

It’s really quite a welcoming relief.

I’m already planning a tea party, there,

With whatever may be living beneath this.

Maybe there’s an old teddy bear,

Or bugs or dust bunnies who will join me?

Or what if I just have my tea alone?


Either way, I’ll be entertaining new feelings,

And I’m going to learn a new approach 

From following my new direction.

Maybe, even melted here, I’ll see

An uncommon way out of a mindless rut,

Switch up my routine, and just be happy.


But I’m still hoping, there may be some creature,

Some new life-form I’ve never heard of, 

To come and share this new leaf I’m turning, 

Or at the very least,

Someone,or something, to enjoy

A spot of hot tea with me, 

And a lively conversation?


-jenn

No comments: