I was listening to music on YouTube while I cleaned my pots and pans,
And occasionally their logarithms would miss my mood
To the point that I would have to dry my hands
And go and switch the song that they had recommended for me to hear to something else.
One such song was “One Less Bell To Answer,” by the Fifth Dimension.
The next morning, I was in the grocery store,
And they had music playing overhead.
Just as I got to the checkout line,
I heard soft music.
“Oh no,”I said. “It’s Marilyn McCoo, isn’t it?”
“One less egg to fry,”and now I have to stand here,
And take it.
I have no choice.
There’s no button for me to push,
And I can’t get out of line in time to miss the song and get out of here.
And just as she reaches a part of great crescendo,
I’m weighing one potato and one yellow squash.
The universe wants me to hear this song,
And now I’m listening.
I hear Marilyn’s powerful voice,
Dipping into a deep contralto
And rising above it all to her usual soprano,
Even as she croons,
“All I can do is cry.”
Well what can I do but be happy?
The universe has finally had its way,
Had its say.
I’ve thought it all over,
And now, I’ll just let YouTube play me whatever it wants to,
Adds and all.
-jenn
No comments:
Post a Comment