Friday, February 22, 2019

I thought I was dry until I went into the desert.
I didn't know.
I thought I was wet til I met the jungle
At the hot humid part of the world
Where the Amazon flows.

And I thought I was lonely
Til I met you.
Now nothin else'll do
Til I tell you
How only the lonelier soul I ever knew
Than me is you.

And you are dryer than the desert
And wetter than the fog
That rolls off of the coasts of Scotland,
Or Ireland's peat bogs,
And youre smarter than the whales
With their giant brains,
And more stubborn than a buffalo
Out on the plains,
Like a muly old bull,
And twice as solitary,
Matted and hairy,
And you're lonelier than me.

Break my heart and call me broken,
Give me a line and a token
Of your affiliation.
Show me what hot is. Show me dry.
Show me wet and let me try to guess
What broken hearted version of lonely,
Is lonelier than me.


-jenn

No comments: