Tuesday, November 17, 2020

 I didn’t make it to your funeral.

I had a flat tire on the way.

I couldn’t get the lug nuts off the wheel,

So I sat in the ditch and cried.

I saw the time and knew the ceremony’d started.

Too late, I sat alone,

And concentrated thoughts of you

Came through my veins.

Sweet piano notes flowed through my mind,

Expressing the a sigh of broken goodbyes

And kindness and love and funny valentines.


The sun shined on me.

The wind rushed by with passing cars,

Going on to so many destinations 

Yet unknown.

I sat alone and grieved you solely,

Wholly mystified at your passing,

Asking myself, “Why?”


But deep down I know.

And I know not to grieve too long.

You will wait to be reborn,

But you are just as much alive today 

As yesterday, 

Riding the music and the waves

Through twelve dimensions 

Of Time and Space.

Freely my heart receives this grace.

I see your face,

Smiling,

Larger than life,

In the sky.


-jenn

No comments: