Monday, October 29, 2012

You Don't Want To See What I'm Writing Today


Oh! You don’t want to see what I’m writing today!
You don’t want to see how far I've fallen!
You don’t want to go on this journey with me,
To the belly of the great beast, indeed.
You don’t want to go all Ahab on me,
Dredging up fables and worse, non-fiction!
You don’t need to be reminded of the hard to bear sayings
Or the great sibling rivalries.

You don’t want to understand,
Why the second born gets the blessing.
You can’t handle the truth my friend
Of why the first born dies,
Why the plague only affects
His or her delicate sensibilities,
Why Cain killed Abel,
And why still today
It’s “Death to Abilities!”

No. You don’t want to read what I write today.
Your heart will hurt, your morals won’t stand
For the crumbling away of the romantic cloudiness
And the harsh glare of the age old truth.
But if you would seek out the old ways first,
You will find yourself back to the future,
And completely unwound from every belief
That binds you back to the lies.

No comments: