Monday, July 29, 2019

There's nothing new under the sun they say,
But they're so cynical, too.
But me and you?
We're the first two
To ever fall in love.

I trip around on my feet all day
Like a butterfly in combat boots.
I'm trying to be like everybody else,
And finally say, "Oh! What's the use?"
I'll never be the Mona Lisa,
I haven't got an Einstein brain,
So I'll just have a piece of pizza
And think of how you kissed me on the train.

Someday we'll tell our kids the story
Of how we met and fell in love.
They'll find the story boring.
Who could believe that two old folks like us
Could've ever had any fun?
We'll quote all the love songs from the movies,
Barefoot in the park and singing in the rain,
Then I'll tell them how you kissed me on the train.
And then we'll see if they ask me
Which part of my body's called "the train?"


-jenn

No comments: