Tuesday, December 22, 2020

 I found a little niche in the city

A side street where nobody goes

Where the smell of vegetables 

Roasting on charcoal 

Rises me up 


I go there

But only if it’s snowing 

Or I’ve forgotten 

Who I was


The Christmas lights are blinking

And one lonely bell

Rings to see if anyone can spare some change 


Rise up 


My bells have sung for the needy

But now I seek charity

Only loveless love

And loveless lovers find me


Rise up


But tonight while snowflakes fall

The stars shimmer

They seem frozen as if time stands still

I allow myself a space 

To understand Winter

The love I seek is possible now


Rise up


Rise up oh sun

Forget about your sleeping 

Awake in me the springtime of my love

Catch my breath as winter bells are ringing

Bring me peace

For my hearts on the run

And longs to run to you

Rise up


-jenn


No comments: