Tuesday, December 1, 2020

 I have returned to my native ways,

Reconnected thoroughly with my body

From the inside out

And the outside in,

In full cognition that the outside is the inside.

The “in” side also is the “out.”


I seek to live with my environment 

Without turning it into a dump-heap.

I seek to live with my beautiful mind

And my beautiful heart,

Without taking any part for granted,

Without turning myself into a dump-heap. 


I adorn my spirit with its nature. 

I can turn brown and fall.

I can freeze and cover myself with snow.

I can warm with gaiety and melt into

A mating mink,

And I can slink into the heat,

Like a snake seeking both

The summer’s sun,

And the cool shade of its rocks.


Come play with me.

Not because you have to,

Or because there’s any point at all,

But because it’s fun.

We can build castles by the sea

And sun ourselves on the shifting sands,

Forgetting all about the hands of time

That man has made.


-jenn

No comments: