Monday, September 24, 2018

I am there in the room
With a bird's eye view
Of eighteen monks
Sitting round a square table.
They laugh and talk all at once
Like a gaggle of geese.
Occasionally a raucous one
Will slap his forearm 
Down in front of him,
And from there, round the table,
Random arms will flap,
As if a fly were buzzing endangered.

As I watch the motion circle the square,
And listen to the conversation turn,
A dark dot emerges on the roof,
And I climb out of the whole that it produces.
For I am not a fly on the wall,
But a spider on the great mandala ceiling.

And I am the one the monks rejected.
I am the one the world says no to,
But I am the one that spins the web for the fates.
I am the one who made the twins
And put them to singing at the poles
To keep the entire earth in its balanced way.

And I am the one who loves the people.
I am the one who saves them.
I am the spider woman,
And the keeper of the lore.


-jenn

No comments: