Monday, September 24, 2018

There's a nail in the sky that the moon hangs on,
And a place on it close to the wall,
Where two grooves are worn flat,
And you and I come to sit here.

The world is going round and round.
Everything is really.
And yet it's not.
But this is the place where you live now,
And you have told me that I can come and go freely.

And so I will.

But hold me tonight in the light of this weird moon.
It shines at such a different angle from here.
I know everything will be all right
When you tell me it will,
And I know everything always is
When I'm with you.

So thank you, weird moon,
For shining so weird,
And thank you, weird nail in the sky.
And thank you, weird wall,
Whatever you are that holds this nail up,
And the wires the weird moon hangs down from.

But most of all,
Thank you,
You.

I Love You.


-jenn

No comments: