Friday, September 21, 2018

I was about to be passed over,
And it wasn't by the angel of death.
It was for a promotion I thought I deserved.
But there was this guy there,
And he wasn't doin so good,
And the mansger thought he'd give the promotion to him
To see if it would motivate him to
Do better.

I was already "doin better," the manager told me when I asked him about why I'd been left out.
I was already motivated 
And already doin a heckuva job.

And yet, company stats revealed that out of 35 locations,
All the 82 sales managers were men
Except for one,
And all of the 35 general managers
Were also male.
And since many, if not all, their so-called meetings
Were held at country clubs or stripper bars,
They planned to keep it just that way.

So I guess the angel of death did come
It killed my motivation to do better
And any desire I might have had
To make any more money 
For myself,
Or for them,
Anymore.

-jenn


No comments: