Friday, September 21, 2018

I struggle to make myself one with the dust of the earth,
As Lao Tzu recommends
To be the primal virtue,
In perfect flow with the Tao,
And the mother of the ten thousand things.

But I fight the urge to giggle,
Until I can't fight it anymore,
And the small trickle of joy
Dissolves me into a heart of laughter.

Sometimes in my zone of effervescence,
A tiny doubt tries to take me
To a somber, more intelligent place.
But I have learned not to go there.
I've decided that maybe I was born this way,
And maybe I was born for this purpose,
And maybe here, in this silly land
Of flowers and sunshine,
I am queen and I reign with a loving scepter,
And crown all comers with a crown of many crowns,
And recognize them as dear lovers 
And fellow sovereigns.


-jenn

No comments: