Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mystery

I can see the world spin tonight.
I’m seated high, and out of touch.
The mighty stones of Carnac twinkle
Like some forbidden stars.
And I can see the pixels flash.
They shift the shape of things to come.
They create the paradigm
Under the weight of the longitudes
As each horizon groans.
They do the bidding of the deep dark matter
And are at the bequest of the hidden word
That comes from you and me.

And like the disbelief that shows in a dream
From the shock that you could surprise yourself,
Or cheat yourself out of the ending,
The mistake is not in losing your needle
In Failure’s largest haystack,
But in trying to find it there.
For as sure as the sun comes up in the east,
And, forgive me, friends, but it does not,
The thing you seek may indeed not exist
Outside of you, and the Mystery.


-jenn long

No comments: