Thursday, September 18, 2014

I watch the Sun's path in disbelief.
It seems to whirl
In a great centrifugal jitterbug
With the Earth.

I find myself in the dark ages,
In abject denial that the earth could move,
Though it is what carries me
To a destiny beyond my control.

I didn't want to come to this part of the galaxy.
And I certainly don't want to get out of the car,
So I'll sulk
Alone here in the backseat.

Ah, The universal dance looks fun,
But most of it's just illusion.
Venus seems to be coming near,
Jupiter to retreat in the distance,
But it's just retrograde motion.

And nothing is really as it seems.
We didn't ask to be born,
Or did we?
There seems to be no cause of death.

But someone or something has mated out there in the cosmos
And we are the ones who must go and be born again?

And there is not much choice in that,
So I choose to be a wallflower.
But the universe won't even let me do that.
It picks up my arms and flails them,
Puts my feet on its feet
And hops around
To some cosmic music of the spheres
That I can't hear.

And so I appear
To be having a wonderful time.

Or do I?

-jenn


No comments: