Sunday, January 25, 2015

I'm suing myself for malpractice.
I've treated myself awfully poor.
I've second guessed and disregarded
The truth about myself.

I've never fully embraced myself,
Or seen myself as others see me,
Or come to myself via myself
And viewed my given soul.

But something today has lifted my veil,
And I shout to the system
And the culture,
"Stop the wedding!"
I know that this is all wrong.

And now it's come to amputation.
I must perform the other-ectomy
To rid myself of the things not meant to be me.

But is it better to enter the next life maimed,
And limp across this one with my own true soul,
Than to marry an image of myself
Drawn poorly, or conjured by illusion?

Or should I lose all consciousness
Of me and what I am
And simply become a little child again?

-jenn

No comments: