Thursday, August 11, 2016

I learned a lot at Walmart today.
Hillary weighs 289 pounds.
Heather Locklear can't find work.
She's depressed and drinking and her family won't help her.
Bill has Alzheimer's and Parkinson's so bad they say,
And they don't think he'll make it to election day,
But Robert Redford is doing fine at 80.

The Amazing Gracie waited on me,
Scanned my items and blared
A big fat fake, "Thaaaaank Youuuuu,"
As I walked away.
The blameless guy on the aisle next over
Paid for his ready made chef's salad
And the gal behind him was putting a twelve pack of beer
Up on the conveyor just ahead of her Baby wipes.

I think I've led a sheltered life.
I'd like to be a peepin tom
And see into the lives,
Where these people come from,
Cause I just can't bring myself to buy beer
Or ready made salads from walmart.

-jenn

No comments: