Monday, March 26, 2018

It is not usual that one can retain pension
From two opposing nationalities,
But
It's possible.
As a double agent,
I double crossed everyone and everything except myself.
I took a page from my personal deity,
Kokopeli,
The trickster god.
I concocted wild stories to tell either side in regards to other.

One suit I overheard trying to repeat the information,
"Unbelievable!" He said.
The other gasped, shaking head,
"Yeah but you can't make this shit up!"

"Ha! Oh yes you can," I thought to
Self.
"I just did."

Some of you will look down on me,
Think less of my character,
And all the while you cherish Hamlet,
Tho his attempt at "to thine own self be true,"
Was to pop cyanide caplet and self destruct.

But I say, Is right to double cross anyone and anything
That insults your own soul,
And these countries,
They got what they were looking for.

-jenn

No comments: