Thursday, October 21, 2021

 There are three suns behind our yellow one,

Turquoise-teal, radiant jewels.

They rise in the west at sundown 

And feel their way to their place in the heavens

Just above the evening star.


They breathe an ancient form of leaven 

And bake round bread

To drop like manna,

Pink, white, gray, brown, blue,

Down onto 

The desert sands.


If you can bring me enough feldspar,

I can prove all this to you.

The format will be:

The half-life of potassium in

K-Ar Dating.


And if you still don’t believe me,

Sit with me this afternoon.

We’ll build a fire at sunset,

And silently watch the sky,

Spoon together as the twilight 

Mysteriously unfolds.

Hold me while we hear the three suns

Chime their untold lyric story,

And then tell me

How old the universe is,

And just how many suns there are

Amongst the stars of this galaxy

And beyond.


-jenn

No comments: