Thursday, April 19, 2012

I Like How You Sound


I like how you sound when your filters are off
Your voice drops about half an octave
And I can feel the vibrations of the throaty baritone
A deep resonant presence
Of masculine strength and love
The tempo slows just a little
And the diminishes and augmented chords reach gently out
To take me by the hand and lead me out there with you
Into a close slow dance

Sometimes when someone speaks to you
You hear merely what they want you to hear,
Muffled sounds through protective barriers
Coming ambiguously through
Very confusing, this artificed chatter
About the weather and other matters
And maybe a few pieces of the truth if you’re lucky.
But sometimes when someone is tired or at peace
Or maybe just had a couple of drinks
The walls come down, and the filters come off
And then you hear a different sound.

-jenn long

No comments: