Friday, February 27, 2015

He didn't know I'd seen him treating his mother poorly
At walmart.
And so he was surprised when I told him "No,
I didn't want to share a dessert and coffee
With him."
I wonder if he'd been shocked to know
That frankly I don't like sharing the planet
With his kind---
Arrogant self absorbed control freaks
That think they know better than everyone else
And always insist in having their own way,
And never bother to listen to anything real.

Lucky for him,
I'm madly in love with someone,
And something there is about true love
That washes one from the slime of everyday schtuff,
And the cloud of peace that carries me
Won't allow me to stay disturbed long enough
To remember the rest of the litany of things I'd thought
As I watched him disregard someone who was weak and sickly and old,
Or else I'd have offered to let him share a real ass chewing I have ready for the likes of Hitler or Stalin
Or the pope who sanctioned Giordano Bruni's burning at the stake,
Or a certain high school basketball coach
That shall remain nameless.

-jenn

No comments: