Friday, April 3, 2015

TrueSong

Sometimes ya got to be true to the tune.
Ya pull in the driveway,
And the song ain't done.
It ain't had enough of you.

And I've heard that song a million times,
But I've never really heard it till tonight,
Because I've never listened to it
With your face in the forefront of my mind.

As a listen, it's pulling me in,
Shooting me out across the airwaves with it,
And I'm crying, too, as Harrison's guitar gently weeps.
And my tears are dropping into every home and into every car
As the radio plays.

And in a moment of poetic justice,
The song comes to a close
Without a DJ talking over it
Or another song blending in too soon.
And for just a few seconds,
All you can hear is the sweet sound of silence.

And I know, it's only rock 'n roll,
But I like it.

-jenn

No comments: