Wednesday, October 19, 2016

I can't believe what I believe these days,
And what I don't.
My beliefs are unbelievable,
While more credible creeds I find unpalatable.

Why do I feel there is more
Behind door number two
Then there is in full view
On the pedestal,
There for me to take at face value.

Beyond the illusion--
Is there truth?
Some say the universe has edges like a great picture frame,
Or, as once, in the ancient days,
When the world was new and flat,
And ships fell off when they sailed too far.

Maybe someday our cosmos will grow up round,
As the earth has in these modern days,
And we find we can sail east to go west.

Or if the 'edges theory' remains
And proves its truth,
What masterpiece of Reality might we find behind the canvas?
Or what great wall?
What fantastic nail will it all be hanging on?

-jenn

No comments: