Tuesday, September 5, 2017

A storm brewed off the coast of France
And brought someone else's winds to me.
I liked these winds.
They blew cool and high and free
And made even the limbs and leaves in the tops of the trees dance.

I wanted to go and stay
Where these breezes blow,
To live and always be
Among the high cool snows
And freedom of the northern seas,
But a voice inside of me said,
"All the winds are within you."

And so I've stayed.
I made a forest grove my home,
Where not too many winds have ever blown,
But sometimes a good friend will pass through here
And bring me cheer,
And let me know I'm not alone.
And when I feel my spirit stir,
The refreshing air swirls up and even down.
The tops of the trees tremble,
And even the ground cover blows.
Then I hear the voice again and know,
"All the winds are within you."

-jenn

No comments: