Wednesday, December 13, 2017

It's not the brightest light in the heavens
But it's always there
A known associate of the big dipper
Line it up
And then you can align yourself to the North Star.
Would you aid and abet Polaris?
If it decided to run?

Get a feel for how it looks,
And feel yourself facing north.
Right face from here is east,
Left face, west.
About face will turn you directly south
Down towards Mexico.
You can decide which way you need to go
When you decide to run.

But remember this, my fugitive star,
When you gaze into the sky at night,
You are a part of every constellation
No matter where you go.
The universe has a way of knowing,
And you can never really hide from anyone or anything,
Except yourself.

So maybe tonight, I'll just align myself with northern true,
And then I'll stay right here with you,
And be true to myself alone.
And when I'm done,
Maybe I can be true to you,
If it matters.

-jenn

No comments: