Friday, June 8, 2018

I'm just sitting in the car,
As the earth revolves around the sun,
And the sun travels around
Whatever it is it travels around.
And like a shark
That swims its circles around its supper,
Trying to decide if it should eat it,
My mind contemplatively orbits you.
Just as the sun circles that black hole
In the center of the galaxy,
And thinks of eating it,
Just as the earth thinks of eating the sun,
I think it might be just as dangerous
And possibly a bad comparison
To think I am the shark in this equation,
To think that you are the prey,
When clearly a more precise metaphor
Would be one that depicts you as a predator
That stays right where it is
And let's the black hole in the center of the galaxy
Come to it.

One could say that nothing in this world
Is like anything else,
But I have stuck my same foot
In the same stream
Twice,
And I have swimmed the Milky Way
Before and will again, I'm sure,
And I know, there are vaguely new things
Under the sun,
And many new things over it.

-jenn



No comments: