Saturday, January 25, 2020

There’s a place inside you where
Your mother’s DNA unzipped,
As did your dad’s,
And strands of both 
Both danced together in 
The fertilized egg,
And then you grew,
Like dough that rises quickly.
It kneads itself,
Turning inside out and outside in
And then it’s done,
And you were born,
And here you are.

And you continued,
And you continue still,
To unfold and grow and be
What you will, and yet your will
Is strangely quiet at times,
For it’s not your mind that gives 
The color to your eyes,
Or your height or the number of hairs
That grace your head, or if they’re brown
Or blonde or red, or gray,
And you can’t say what age you’ll grow to be,
But here you are,
Here with me,
And here I am.

I’m me, and you’re you,
And we are beautiful.
We are beautifully alive.
We grew to what we are today.
The universe is growing.
Everything has come
From a seed, the moons, the stars,
The wind, the trees, the earth, the nations,
The love, the peace, the wars,
And here you are,
With me.

And there’s a place so deep inside you
Where it all began.
I want to see it if I can,
To touch your mystic beginning here,
Understand even more
Why you are so beautiful.
But here you are,
And I can only smile.
Here we are
Together for a while.

-jenn 

No comments: