Tuesday, April 13, 2021

 The party got dark.

The party fare

Consisted of word salad

And dangled carrots,

Future faking

And my ass on a platter.


I stepped out on the deck

For air,

Stood in the sun, leaned on the rail.

Three steps over, I turned around.

I’m almost out of the influence now

That they had on me,

All the letters of all of the meaningless words

Of the sentence they handed down on me.

(The trauma bonds are breaking.)


Three steps over

To the stairs,

Three steps down,

Three steps skipping along on the ground

To the sidewalk,

I’m free,

Completely gone from the sad influence 

They had on me.


My twelve step program to say goodbye

To contemptuous controllers:

Here’s mud in your eye!

I’m taking my life back

Three steps at a time!


Hallelujah!

I’m free at last! I’m

Free At Last!


-jenn

No comments: