Friday, November 26, 2021

What about me?

 I used to worry about ‘what about me,’

Until I saw how futile it was.

I’m only a figment of my own imagination, 

(And yours).


I’m a mirage on the horizon.

Here today,

And forget about tomorrow, 

I’m gone in a second.


So why should I fret

About what I shall eat,

When I became this way

By concentrating on the beginningless empty spaces

That exist, between my electrons

And my protons.


I’m only here so you can see into the future

And promptly forget about it,

And simply do whatever is needed today.


Because, although it seems my Love for you

Is only a vacuous form in the air,

In truth it is a deep intelligence

That is settling in on you,

To bring you out of inertia.


I’m only here

To cheer you on,

So that, if there is some small chance

For you to seize the happiness 

And bliss that already exists

In the beginningless empty spaces of your life,

You may take it.


-jenn


No comments: