Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stab Me In The Heart, Imposter!


Stab me in the heart, Imposter!
Kill me if you can.
If your aim is good and true,
You'll find your blow lands clean.

If it is that you can unseat
My life's source seal so easily,
‘Tis just that you should be the one
To send me to an early grave.

But since confusion clouds your heart,
You may not be the man.
Your eyes cut back, that way
And this,
Have you really seen

My Soul, my Essence, Who it is
Over which you hold the cold blade?
You don't know where to land the blow?
Or what power you really have?

Now I am slipping from your grip,
Passing thru the crowd like a whisper,
Living to tell the tale to those
Who wish to live another day,

A witness to your poison lip,
That can pull you from the mug shot queue,
Yet also one with authority
Who can have execution stayed.

Alas, the jury is quite out.
What will be the verdict?
I've never believed others best
To decide factors of my life.

Maybe all's fair in turn about?
Perhaps I should go vigilante?
Find a lethal power too,
And stalk you in your dreams?

Oh! Let’s hang the jury, Darling!
Let's make our escape together, quick!
We'll head out east or even west,
With hopes and an insecure knife!

And if we win the lottery,
We'll sell trailers as long as the money holds out.
Come, I'll show you where my heart is,
And you can kill me after tea.

-jenn long

No comments: