Saturday, October 17, 2015

Come look into my naked face.
See me plain as day.
Search my eyes
For vestige of a race,
And see that none has ever been denied.
All of me is of the universe,
And universal is my plea to you,
To know and be known,
As simple as the rays of light
That shoot out from the living sun.

Appeal to me
As the orange does.
Peel yourself and
Set yourself apart,
And let me put you back together
With my teeth
In some strange and noble art form,
In a new way that you have never seen yourself,
And let the fractal shapes and signs
Live unto themselves and unto you.
Inspire the world,
And make us whole!

And this will be my promise in the wind,
That as birds sing
And rivers run so true
To join the ocean's great anonymity,
I, my friend, will always be for you.

-jenn

No comments: