Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I started to mail you some money, Babe,
To buy you a ticket to come,
But when I bought the stamp
And the envelope,
I only had a dollar and one,
But at least I got the stamp and the envelope,
And maybe by weekend next,
I'll have some money to send you, Babe,
Up until then we can text.

You know I love you.
You know I do.
You know I miss you.
What else could I do?
But maybe tomorrow,
Tomorrow, Babe,
I'll have some money to send.
Yeah maybe tomorrow,
Tomorrow. Babe, but
We can text until then.

I've got the stamp and the envelope,
Some money tucked inside my shoe,
But after lunch at the observatory,
I've just got a dollar two.
Maybe you could call me tomorrow, Babe?
Or the day after next?
I'd love to hear your voice, Babe,
But up until then we could text.

-jenn

No comments: