Monday, February 22, 2016

I'm wistful for you today.
I get that way for you,
You know?
Especially when the moon is full
And lingers at my door.
But I have come to know,
I can read the signs,
The mysterious language of love
That beguiles so many
Is not an alien tongue to me,
For I am become as a man
Who sees through clothing.
Women don't normally do that, you know?
But I can read your body like Mayan hieroglyphs,
And I know all three meanings of each cartouche,
And I understand how those meanings,
Tho seemingly unrelated,
Connect together to form
An uber idea,
A good one too.
So stay with me here, giant super moon,
Until the other stars have wandered.
Hang with me here in the balance
Between night and day,
Dusk and dawn.
And when we are alone,
I will turn and show my full self to you,
And we will see what happens then.

-jenn

No comments: