Friday, November 25, 2016

All my roads lead to you.
My rivers flow
To you, every glow,
Each wink, each nudge
Each tendril of love grows round.

The sun never sets on my love for you.
The rain can never wash the indelible  cartouche
That has been deeply, perfectly cut
With your great name upon my heart and soul.

The graffiti of Pompeii,
The fragments of Sappho on velum,
The height and grandeur of Herodotus,
Raucous jokes and heartfelt vows,
The sum and total of every idle word,
Each jot and tittle
Of law and wives' tales and limericks,
No stone has been left unturned in finding you,
The Trilithon of my faith and hope,
The future waiting for your designs,
The me, here, knowing, that all in all
Is here and right this very moment in time,
Dripping with nothingness and everything else
For us and us alone.

-jenn

No comments: