Sunday, November 13, 2016

You've run me out of my heart twice
And once from my own soul.
But last time, while I was away,
I had a baby out of wedlock
And raised him by myself
Out in the wilds of the universe
Where hominids roam untamed.

And in a kind of Woodall sense at first
I stopped to watch them,
And then in deep respect I came to revere
The poetic beauty of their ways
And the subtle harmonies they moved to
That ordered the natural laws
By which they lived.
And yet it was in deep set freedom
Their beings there resided,
And in their contentment, no confine was ever felt.

And so I came to worship this peace
That passes all understanding,
And as I meditate on it tonight,
I find I have no use or urge to return
To the pathetic trappings
Of my heart
Or my soul,
But I long to stay here
In this wilderness
With my spirit
And my ancestors.

-jenn


No comments: