Tuesday, November 29, 2016

I dream. I dream. I dream of you.
It's true.
I do.

If you want to know the lies,
Then go and live in lovers' eyes
While they're awake,
When they can't realize what's at stake
For the sake of their sacred destinies.
But if you want to know the truth,
Go and see what lovers do at night
In their dreams.

The thoughts of day are swayed
By the consciences of others.
What would old so and so say,
Or my mother?
And often we don't choose what is good
For us, but what we feel we should.

But in our dreams, in the cover
Of sleep,
We laugh only at funny things,
We truly weep at things that are truly sad,
And we love only our true loves,
No matter what intense training we've had
"To know better."
When our confusion unfetters
At night
And we dream, we dream it right.
We see the monsters for who
They are,
And we see who shows up
To star
In our fantasies.

I dream. I dream. I dream of you.
It's true.
I do.

- jenn

No comments: