Sunday, April 19, 2020

I’d had one true love,
And I was forced to break up with him
By my parents because he was Church of Christ.
And in a dream, I realize that this
Is the source of my trouble today.
This trauma cut a wound into my soul
And a demon came in through that opening.
It has been with me 37 years now,
Tormenting me in regard to love,
Telling me nothing else would ever be the same,
Or right, that nothing ever could,
Dangling an empty carrot out
For me to chase, ever searching,
Never finding any relief or satisfaction. 

Then I hear a word of peace.
The Spirit of the Lord speaks,
“Meditate.
This kind can only be removed by prayer and fasting.”

The dream has reopened the old wound.
Prayer and fasting will prevail.
Now the demon can escape.
It has been trapped, too,
With me, for all these years.

But I’m going to be happy, today, and satisfied.

-jenn

No comments: