Wednesday, September 2, 2020

 I’m busy today,

But between my chores,

I slip away,

Always to resume my conversation 

With C.G.


C.G. Jung, that is.

He’s 83.

He’s telling me his memories,

His dreams, and his reflections.


I’m fascinated by him,

And mostly only listen,

And giggle occasionally,

Because his wit is deep,

But, also entertaining and funny.


And he likes me.

He says I’ve been loosed somehow

Upon the world

To love it

And to giggle so expressively,

And if no one else appreciates that,

He does.


I’m so glad that I 

Have larger than life acquaintances, 

As well as great enemies to contend with,

And beautiful, ingenious friends

To listen to,

Who sometimes make me giggle.

Maybe I’m the luckiest girl

In the whole world, after all?

Who else has this much fun

Shadow talking?


-jenn

No comments: