Monday, January 24, 2022

 I always thought he was just so imaginative and fun,

My son, when he was young,

And he would ask what price 

It would take for me to eat

Some certain type of food I hated.


But now that he’s rich,

He comes to me slyly,

With some said hated item

And reminds me,

That I said I’d eat it for ten thousand dollars,

Which he’s already deposited in my account,

And so the contract remains

For me to consummate.


And he says I can’t return the funds

Because according to our oral agreement 

So long ago,

I said I would eat it,

And Lo! And behold!

The time has come...

Brussels sprouts covered in burned goat cheese and raspberry jam!

Yum.... Yum....


And he remembers exactly the amount I said,

In what he terms, “our negotiations,”

This kid is crazy!

(I don’t know where he gets it....)


So, should I eat these weird concoctions?

Why did I only say ten thousand dollars?

I guess it seemed like a lot of money at the time.


-jenn



No comments: