Saturday, January 29, 2022

 The sun has petals with purple hearts .

They turn to red.

The sun’s on fire inside my head.

My eyes are sunflowers that bloom for you

With purple hearts that turn to blue,

But my heart’s on fire.

It only burns a different way.


When day is here, we feel the burn,

But night gets its turn to burn us too,

If we can close our eyes and see

The darkness within us,

Burning black and blue and green,

And stars twinkling cold from far away.


They are shooting gamma rays at us,

But we shoot ourselves with helpless strife

That we build up because 

We never bothered to see the Life

That burns within us.


I’m looking in,

And deep inside myself 

I hide the petals with the  purple hearts,  

But they’re starting to bloom,

And that could mean doom

To part of me,

But it could mean boom

To a better part

That may start to live when I’m free,

And the Big Bang starts something new off in me.


-jenn

No comments: