Saturday, December 10, 2022

 I have this chance to meditate

While the wind from the south east

Blows my hair across my

Face

At the same angle the sun beams shine down on

And one great tree sits between me

And the sea

And the tree waits oh so patiently 


There is a gate by the undisturbed shore

That opens to a beach 

Where only nudists go anymore 

And I will wait 


Like that tree


But for now there is no decision to make

No direction to take 

But only the angle of the sunbeams is changing

The wind, rearranging my hair


Leaves are falling

Church bells are calling

And I have this random chance to meditate 

This beautiful opportunity 

To look within with my eyes closed

And see the mandala change 

Like a kaleidoscope I’m holding up to the sun


And the leaves are falling

And I feel the pain and the hope

Of every single one of them

As they make their way down


The leaves can’t wait 


But I’m going to meditate 

Here with that tree

While we have this random chance

Until all my mandalas have fallen 

Like the leaves of this great tree


And then we will open the gate together 

And wade through the nudists

Down to the water

And bathe one another 

In the great waters that lie just beyond 

The limits of humanity




No comments: