Monday, December 19, 2022

 Guitar Man

In the other room I hear 

The guitar man

He’s tuning up and turning on 

His stack of amps

He’s got new strings

And he’s fussing a blooming for things he doesn’t even need 

Because when he starts to play 

The world comes up to speed

On the state of his heart


Some evergreen 

Eversweet music 

Buds like leaves from his fine tree

The notes uncurl

The melodies call to me


And I’m just in here putting on my socks


The guitar man 

Without a words describes the state of things 

Out in the cosmos

And let me tell you

Things are mighty good 

Because even if we humans fail

To see it 

The music knows

That everything is moving like it should 

Straight to its destination 

Like the rivers to the sea


And I’m just in here putting on my socks 

When I hear him say to me


Goodnight Sweeetheart


-jenn 


No comments: