Friday, March 10, 2023

 Fox and Grapes 🍇 

My Fox appears on the morning trail.

His rusty red, his beautiful tail

Give me a start.

My eyes delight on his brightness.

My heart beats faster.

I catch my breath

And stop everything I’m doing.


I’ve brought him grapes,

And I manage to muster

The courage to get a little closer,

And place the cluster on the back rail

Of a portico.


And he’s eyeing me.

And I turn to go.

And he feigns leaving,

And I know he knows exactly where I am,

But I’ve hidden myself and try to peek 

To see if he’s taking the grapes.


In dreams, my Fox comes running to me

And jumps in my arms,

And I feel his furry neck on mine

And his nose nuzzling.

I feel his tongue flicking my face

And his whiskers tickling me.


But today, I must only wait and see

If he will take my humble offering,

If tomorrow he will be here in the morning 

To play this lovely game of hide and seek with me.


-jenn

No comments: