Saturday, March 18, 2023

 What would you do if you were a buzzard?


I’ve got a little more life to live.

I’ve got a few less effs to give.


It’s good for me to see the end from the beginning,

Because it may not have to do with winning,

But there is so much goose chase in the culture.

So which kind of vulture do I want to be?

To feast on good carrion 

Or bad?


Is there such a thing?

How can one see when sour cream goes bad?

Which hour will I treasure 

When I get my crooked ruler out

And measure it all? All the carrion?


Some say there is good nonsense 

And bad,

But I say it is all nonsense nonetheless,

And some of the best times I have ever had

Were times that I embraced the nonsense 

Head on

And enjoyed it.


I’ve got a little more life to live.

I’ve got a few less effs to give.

But I’ve got a few more laughs with which

To tackle the nonsense and...


What would you do if you were a buzzard ?

I might have a few things stuck in my craw,

But I guess I’d carry on.


-jenn 

No comments: